Beat The January Blues With These 5 Tips
January is almost coming to an end. It may have brought mixed emotions and feelings.
A lot of people find this month difficult, depressing, and mundane. Winter months are dark and grey. It is a month of getting back into routines and juggling the work-life balance once again.
If you share this experience of coming through winter with feelings of stress and disappointment, do not worry it is normal. However you can take some action to give yourself the care you need. Read my 5 tips below and try out at least one in the coming month.
Here are five tips to take care yourself, and to beat the residue of January Blues.
1. Socialise: Meet up with your friends and family for a coffee or a night out. Go to social events. Network and try to meet new people. Find out about events for your hobbies, and meet with groups who share your interests.
2. Exercise: Go for walks, exercise, find physical activities that don’t feel like a chore, eat healthily, and drink plenty of water. You will start feeling better emotionally, physically and mentally.
3. Plan something to look forward to: Plan your next holiday or mini-break. Plan to visit friends and/or family. Book tickets to the theatre, or a football match. Having something to get excited about will keep your spirits up.
4. Meditate: Meditate every day for 20 minutes. Start with 2 minutes and increase up to 20 minutes. Join Yoga classes and practice every day. This will clear your mind and help you to feel less overwhelmed.
5. Relax: Learn to set time aside just to relax. Spend some quality time with yourself and with your family members.
I would love to hear how you get on, feel free to contact me on Twitter @counsellorHA1 and Facebook www.facebook.com/ClearSkyTherapy